The Bakery Manager is solely responsible for managing all business aspects of one or more Kara’s Cupcakes locations, which includes both the production and retail areas of the store operation. The Bakery Manager’s role encompasses all aspects of baking, retail and delivery operations, including though not limited to managing bakers, retail, and driver staff by providing scheduling, direction, instruction and feedback. The Bakery Manager will manage payroll and overtime.
The Bakery Manager is also responsible for scheduling and managing in-coming and out-going deliveries and orders, understanding flow and management of all orders, vehicle schedules and check-in/check-out, maintain organization of back room and office, as well as EOD emails, POS and systems related management. The Bakery Manager will be responsible for creating process, systems and resource materials to ensure the success of the bakery and team. This also includes training, performance management and giving clear direction to all team members.
- Must have a minimum of three years retail management experience
- It is preferred the candidate has a Bachelor’s degree or a culinary degree from an accredited learning institution.
- A mix of education and experience can be used in lieu of one or the other
- Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts, including regular opening and closing shifts. Must also be able to work during holiday seasons and have the ability to cover shifts on short notice
- Must be familiar with scheduling, training, performance management and the fundamentals of retail store operations
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, retail personnel, bakers, kitchen staff, and customers
- Candidate must possess strong customer service skills, positive attitude, friendly, and upbeat personality with a love of cupcakes
- Willingness to take direction and feedback, ability to perform closing and opening shifts duties, ability to multi task, including managing daily retail store operations and retail staff management, and serving customers in a fast paced environment.
- Must have good judgment and emotional maturity
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Computer Skills: MAC/PC, MS Office, and Point of Sale proficient
- Possess a California ServSafe Certification
- Minimum age of 21.
We are seeking to fill this position at the following bakeries: