we are green
Kara’s Cupcakes cares about the environment and the impact we make. For that reason, we’ve made many sustainable choices for our business.
Local, Sustainable Ingredients
We source local and organic (whenever possible) ingredients for our cupcakes, cakes and treats. Sourcing locally helps eliminate our carbon footprint while supporting our community. (see community page for purveyors)
Our signature pink boxes are both compostable and recyclable. The utensils, cups, napkins and bags we use are also compostable therefore diverting a majority of waste from landfills.
We operate a delivery fleet comprised exclusively of Ultra Low Emission Vehicles (ULEV). With several bakeries throughout the Bay Area, we are able to deliver the freshest treats to you via the most efficient route – even on short notice.
Our bakeries are designed and built to green certification standards including:
- bamboo and plywood cabinetry, sustainable and Forest Stewardship Certified (FSC)
- all adhesives used in construction and installation are formaldehyde free
- Corian countertops certified by Greenguard Environmental Institute
- all paints, sealers and finishes contain zero volatile organic compounds (ZERO VOC)
- Title 24 energy compliance and energy star appliances.
Green & Clean
We proudly use biodegradable cleaning products from San Francisco based Method, and Oakland based Greenworks line from Clorox.