kara’s cupcakes ganache
8 oz heavy cream preferably organic clover dairy
8 oz bittersweet callebaut chocolate callets
1 tsp corn syrup, if needed in cold weather or for shine
1. Place chocolate callets in a heatproof bowl, set aside.
2. Heat cream and corn syrup in a saucepan to a scald.
3. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute.
4. Slowly blend chocolate and cream together with a spatula stirring in circular motions. Stir until all is combined about 3 minutes.
5. Allow temperature of ganache to drop to 70 degrees.
6. Set ganache in refrigerator to cool firm, between 3-5 hours or overnight.
7. When ready to use, place in mixer with a paddle attachment, whip ganache to form a whipped frosting. May need to be torched to warm for easy piping.