Get toasty this fall holiday with our Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie! The kids are home for fall holiday break and what’s a better warm pick-me-up treat after coming in from the crisp cold than a cup of our homemade hot cocoa and a warm cookie oozing with ooey-gooey goodness.
The fall holidays get so busy and my friends lean on me for their dessert-worthy, star-studded holiday treats! I can’t always keep up with work, home, and kids so I rely on my homemade chocolate chip cookies with a special Kara’s twist. This is a sweet treat that will heat up any party. Be the star of your gathering with a homemade go-to treat that warms your family with happiness: Kara’s Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Sandwich. The perfect treat for kids…and us big kids, too.
recipe: chocolate chip s’mores cookies
chocolate chip cookies:
- 2 C flour
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 8oz unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325:
- Sift together Dry ingredients, set aside
- Cream room temperature butter for 2 minutes on speed 2, scrape down the mixing bowl
- Add sugars: Cream on speed 2 for 3 minutes
- Pour the vanilla extract in eggs. Add eggs 1 at a time , Creaming each egg for 1 minute
- Add the dry ingredients in 2 parts. On Speed 1, for 2 min each.
- Add chocolate chips, mix on lowest speed for 1 minute
- Scoop 1 ounce cookie batter and roll into a ball.
- Place parchment on cookie tray, arrange 8 scooped cookie balls on tray and bake for 13 min or until brown. Cool on sheet pan for 1 minute and transfer immediately to another sheet pan with parchment.
- Try Kara’s Cupcakes Handcrafted Artisan Vanilla Marshmallows. Now shipping nationwide!
- Melt 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons of milk. Heat on the stove or in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Kara suggests Guittard Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Select 1 of Kara’s Cupcakes Artisan Vanilla Marshmallows. Heat the marshmallow with a handheld torch or broil in oven on a sheet pan for a few minutes until softened. Be careful not to over burn!
- Select 2 cookies of the same size. Place the first of your chocolate chip cookies on a cooled sheet pan with the bottom side up. Add your warm melted/ toasted marshmallow to the cookie. Drizzle the top of the marshmallow with a 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate and gently press 2nd cookie, bottom side down, on top of the marshmallow, chocolate and 1st cookie. Press top and bottom of cookies to form a sandwich. Allow for the softened marshmallow and melted chocolate to ooze out of the cookie. This is where you may need to lick your fingers or call for an intervention!
- Continue to make the remainder cookies. Enjoy immediately… there is no need to wait! Left over sandwich cookies may be kept in an air tight container. However, we doubt there will be any left 🙂
Leave A Comment