Its getting sweet in here and we’re spilling all of the ingredients!
This one is for all the chocolate lovers out there! Kara’s demonstrating her deliciously decadent sweet chocolate frosting! See recipe below.
sweet chocolate frosting
- 12 oz (1 1/2cup): unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 oz semisweet melted and cooled to room temperature chocolate
- 1 Tbl milk
- 1 tsp Nielson Massey Madagascar bourbon vanilla
- 3 cups sifted confectioner sugar
- 1 piping bag
- 1 star tip
1. Melt 10 oz semisweet chocolate in a double boiler: Stir occasionally until completely smooth and melted. Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10min.
2. In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, beat the 12 oz or 1 ½ cup unsalted butter until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the cooled melted chocolate and beat until smooth. Add 1 Tbl of milk and 1 tsp good vanilla, beat for 1-2 minutes. Continue to scrap down the sides of your mixing bowl to blend the ingredients. Gradually add the 3 cups of sifted confectioners sugar and beat until smooth. Be careful not to over beat, look for a thick and smooth consistency.
3. Scoop the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a star or round pastry tip of your choice and you’re ready to frost!