In honor of Mother’s Day, Kara and her daughter are baking up a special family favorite – banana toasted coconut cream cake! Watch now.
banana cupcake recipe
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- 1 Tbl baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 bananas mashed
1. Pre heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Cream 8 oz room temperature unsalted butter with 1 ½ cup granulated sugar, about 3 min on medium speed of your stand mixer
3. Gradually add 3 eggs, 1 at a time. Beat each egg for 1 minute or until combined light and fluffy.
4. Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl: starting with 1 cup of flour, 1 Tbl baking soda, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp all spice, combine with a whisk to ensure properly mixed together.
5. Add wet and dry ingredients alternating (milk and bananas alternating with dry ingredients)
6. Once all ingredients have been added mix on low speed for about 2 minutes.
7. Prepare your cake pans with flour and butter and fill with batter. Bake for 45 min or until top of cake springs back when touched. Cool for 1 hour and de-pan your cake rounds.
cream cheese frosting recipe
- 1 lb (16 oz) room temp cream cheese
- 1/2 lb (8oz) room temp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- 2 lbs sifted powdered sugar or more to taste
1. In a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix 1 lb or 16 oz softened cream cheese for 5-6 min on high speed in your mixer. Scrape down bowl and add 8 oz of unsalted butter in pieces; mix for 4 min or until light and fluffy on high speed.
2. Scrape down bowl and add 1 Tbl of vanilla, about 30 seconds on medium speed.
3. Gradually add 2 lbs or 4 cups of sifted confectioners sugar in 3 parts
4. Beat on low or medium speed as you add powdered sugar.
5. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed until combined. Be careful not to over beat because it will become runny.
6. Immediately chill your frosting for a few hours.